k-brodski

I moved to California from the UK in June and noticed that reporting foreign source income decreases CA tax refund.

I received UK income only when I lived there before June 2017 and received US income only after I moved to the US in June 2017.

Why does my UK income affect my CA tax refund?

DS30

If you only started your CA state residency in June of 2017 after moving here from the UK, you will file a part-year CA state income tax return to report only the income that was received during your part-year residency in CA. Any income received before the start of your CA state residency date will not be included on your part-year CA return (even if you are considered a full year resident for federal income tax purposes).

DS30

k-brodski

Thanks! Does it mean I don't need to enter any non resident foreign income for CA tax return?
DS30

Yes - that is correct.