xforgetdecembuh

I live in new hampshire do i have to submit a state return?

I have no interest or dividends to claim

DS30

No, if you have no interest, dividend or any other income from investments (passive income), you will not need to file a NH state income tax return. (So no NH state income tax return is required if you only have wage income.)

NH does not have a individual state income tax filing related to wage income earned in NH

DS30

fijese42

Even if you have some interest and dividend income, the minimum interest and dividend income needed to file is $2,400 for individuals, and $4,800 for married filing jointly.  A quick look at federal Schedule B can tell you if filing the DP-10 may be necessary.  The Turbotax program will also let you know. 

While NH does not have standard personal income taxes, it does have a robust business tax system.  So non-wage LLCs and self-employed may be subject to the NH Business Enterprise Tax (BET) and/or the Business Profits Tax with sufficient business revenue and/or profits, respectively.  The more expensive Turbotax software offerings can help determine if these NH business tax forms need to filed.