Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
Your taxes, your way. Get expert help or do it yourself. >> Get started
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xforgetdecembuh

I live in new hampshire do i have to submit a state return?

I have no interest or dividends to claim
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DS30

No, if you have no interest, dividend or any other income from investments (passive income), you will not need to file a NH state income tax return. (So no NH state income tax return is required if you only have wage income.)

NH does not have a individual state income tax filing related to wage income earned in NH

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DS30

No, if you have no interest, dividend or any other income from investments (passive income), you will not need to file a NH state income tax return. (So no NH state income tax return is required if you only have wage income.)

NH does not have a individual state income tax filing related to wage income earned in NH

fijese42

Even if you have some interest and dividend income, the minimum interest and dividend income needed to file is $2,400 for individuals, and $4,800 for married filing jointly.  A quick look at federal Schedule B can tell you if filing the DP-10 may be necessary.  The Turbotax program will also let you know. 

While NH does not have standard personal income taxes, it does have a robust business tax system.  So non-wage LLCs and self-employed may be subject to the NH Business Enterprise Tax (BET) and/or the Business Profits Tax with sufficient business revenue and/or profits, respectively.  The more expensive Turbotax software offerings can help determine if these NH business tax forms need to filed. 

About Community

Learn about taxes, budgeting, saving, borrowing, reducing debt, investing, and planning for retirement.

3.48m
Members

2.6m
Discussions

Manage cookies
v