turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I cannot transmit my State or Federal Tax because SC 1040 does not allow me to type 0 is box s. Subsistance allowance 0 days.

When trying to submit my tax return it keep kicking back to SC 1040 Line S. I try to type zero in Box "S" but it does not accept input. Help, need to file now!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I cannot transmit my State or Federal Tax because SC 1040 does not allow me to type 0 is box s. Subsistance allowance 0 days.

It looks like the reason you are seeing this error is because you have entered "0 days" for subsistence allowance. Removing the 0 would solve the problem.

To remove the 0: 

1. Go back to your return and click on State Taxes. Click on Edit for South Carolina. 

2. Once you get the screen stating that your South Carolina are ready to be checked.  Click Edit beside the Income section.

3. This opens a page titled “Here’s the income that South Carolina handles differently".
4. Scroll down that page to Public Service > Subsistence Allowance.
5. Click Start (or Revisit), enter the number of days, then click Continue

6. On the page "Emergency Personnel Subsistence Allowance", if there is a "0" for number of days, remove the "0" and click Continue.

This should fix your error that's stopping you from efiling. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies

It looks like the reason you are seeing this error is because you have entered "0 days" for subsistence allowance. Removing the 0 would solve the problem.

To remove the 0: 

1. Go back to your return and click on State Taxes. Click on Edit for South Carolina. 

2. Once you get the screen stating that your South Carolina are ready to be checked.  Click Edit beside the Income section.

3. This opens a page titled “Here’s the income that South Carolina handles differently".
4. Scroll down that page to Public Service > Subsistence Allowance.
5. Click Start (or Revisit), enter the number of days, then click Continue

6. On the page "Emergency Personnel Subsistence Allowance", if there is a "0" for number of days, remove the "0" and click Continue.

This should fix your error that's stopping you from efiling. 

The zero in the subsistence box cannot be removed by hitting the delete key or the backspace key. A dialogue box opens (supporting details) and in the amount zero is entered the cursor is then moved to close the box. A zero is still in the subsistence box and cannot be deleted. Still cannot exile SC state taxes

I have followed answers provided but the problem still persists. I believe there maybe a problem within the tax program. I think it will  be best if I print my tax return and mail it in lieu of efiling.  How do I recoup efiling fee from turbo tax? I will be mailing my state tax return on Monday, February 27, 2017

Deleted

deleted

Deleted

Deleted

Deleted

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies