cherylschuette

I don't know which state exempt- interest dividends are from. Says to click more than one state button, then asked to list. How do I move on?

I'm ok with the dividend amount appearing on the state return.
Hal_Al

For details on how to enter, see: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/state-taxes/discussion/re-exempt-interest-dividends-are-entered-fr...

Most particularly, see the screen shot at that link.  If you don't care about paying state tax on the (usually) small  portion attributable to your state, click only "More than one state". 

SteamTrain

@cherylschuette 

Here's another picture...

IF you are not interested in breaking down the individual amount form your own state...you choose "Multiple States" in the very top box (That selection is at the END of the pulldown list of states). 

The selection that shows several boxes is only used if you decide to divide things up.

_____________________________________

1099-DIV_TaxExempt_State_Online_1.png

*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*