inthesalishsea

I can't find the Renter Rebate for Vermont in Turbo Tax. Is this something I have to do by mail? What do I do? Help! Thanks.

IreneS

Form PR-141 is used to apply for the VT Renter Rebate Claim and it can be filed along with your return.You must meet all of the following eligibility requirements to qualify for the renter rebate claim.
  • You were a Vermont resident for all of 2016
  • You will not be claimed as a dependent in 2016 by another taxpayer
  • Your 2016 household income is less than $47,001
  • You are the only person in the household making a renter rebate claim
  • You received Form LC-142, Landlord's Certificate, for 2016 from your landlord (or should have received a certificate)
  • You were a Vermont renter for all 12 months of 2016. Exception: If you sold your home before April 1, 2016.

While in your VT return, you will come to a screen, Renter Rebate Claim. [See Screenshot #1, below.]  If you meet all of the requirements, click the Yes box.  Continue through the screens, entering the requested information.

IreneS