turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How to fix my California tax return

In redding ca
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Is there something specific that is causing issues? It may be most useful for you to call in to TurboTax if your question involves navigation inside of TurboTax or a problem with the state return. 

When the Review results in an area that needs your attention, the screen should indicate exactly what is missing. We are happy to help you navigate those screens so you can proceed with filing your tax return. If you can be a little more specific on what the message was in TurboTax for California, I can help you here, too.

Otherwise, contacting California directly may be useful. The phone numbers on that link are for live and automated phone support. 

Has anyone fixed this issue? There is nothing wrong on my California return, but it keeps asking me to fix information that is actually correct. 

Same issue - Hit transmit. Get message stating "We Need to Make One More Check" "Everything looks great...." "But before you file, we need a little more information that we didn't need earlier". Hit Continue and it requests checking "Schedule CA:  Part II, Line 10, Col B must equal line 9. (210)". You can't change it, as it came from the Fed. Hit continue. And now met with "Schedule CA:  Part II, Line 8e, Col A must equal the total of column A, line 8a, 8b, and line 8c. (180)". The problem here is TurboTax ignores 8d - Mortgage insurance premiums - in the calculation, so the formula fails. The form itself, on your screen, says "Add lines 8a through 8d", not stop at 8c. Someone at TurboTax dropped the ball on releasing this delayed form. Please FIX ASAP.

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

If you are using Turbo Tax online.  Go to state and delete your California return.  After its deleted, add it back in and see if the review error is still there.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

That did not work. I still have the same issue. I saw on another thread that the forms may not be ready for California. Is this true? 

Norriski

I have the same issue, they keep saying they are "working" on it.  This shouldn't be that hard, I'm ready to try a different tax prep program.

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

@Norriski It depends. To clarify, what forms do you need? Please view this Turbo Tax link to view which forms you need and when they will become available.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies