turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am a R.I. Resident filing a MA nonresident return. Why does TurboTax keep asking me about apportionment and working days outside MA when I only work in MA?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

18 Replies

I am a R.I. Resident filing a MA nonresident return. Why does TurboTax keep asking me about apportionment and working days outside MA when I only work in MA?

We are having the same problem as well! VERY frustrating to say the least. I tried calling support last night but they had no idea as to what was going on.
kevshw3

I am having a similar issue as well. Glad it's looking like a bug and not something i've done wrong!

Same here
nheddie

NH resident with the same problem.  Cannot even override the bug in this software.  Wasted hours trying to re-do my taxes.  Won't be using Turbotax anymore.
alimi

Having the problem as well. Even if I delete the form it keeps coming back!

Same issue, work MA live RI.  In my case, employer reported second W2 showing box 16 with income in RI even though I do not work in RI.  I suspect this is causing TT to go into apportionment calculation.  They need to fix this ASAP!

skate4fun60

In your case, skate, pretty sure you need a corrected W2 from your employer.

I have reported this to the AnswerXchange moderators as a bug. If I get any info on a fix from them, will post here.

ann-byers

I am having the same problem!!  I can't even delete the worksheet.  MA doesn't even want us to apportion when we have 100% MA source income. I think this is a Turbo Tax bug... I'm hoping you will get an answer so I will have the same fix.

kevshw3

Same here!

TurboTax has acknowledged the issue - you can sign up to be notified of a fix here:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4360080

ann-byers

Thank you very much linear!!!
cstabile1

Thank you for the link!  I haven't been notified of any fix yet. Has anyone else heard the resolution from Turbo Tax?
jwadd201

Still no fix notification as of March 30.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies