Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Error: 190 State Taxes, can't open my previous year tax return on another machine

I need to check my 2020 tax return for some information but I can't open my tax returns due to Error:190  asking to download States forms. I have multiple state filings and I paid for them when I filed my taxes for the year 2020. However now when I try to open my 2020 returns on another machine as the original one that I used to file my taxes is no longer available, I get an Error 190 message asking to first download the States forms but the issue is that Turbo Tax wants me to pay for States forms again which doesn't make sense as they were already paid for initially. Please help to solve this bug.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

Error: 190 State Taxes, can't open my previous year tax return on another machine

Please see Error 190 when opening file in TurboTax CD/Download for instructions. 

If you need additional assistance, please feel free to contact Customer Support so you can speak with someone who can assist you.

@asiddiqi7861 

vadc

The solution Turbotax gives is to pay for another state tax return that you already paid for. Switching to H&R Block next year.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

You are posting on an old thread. What problem are you having?

Here is how you find your 2022 return: Find 2022 Return 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies