Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

moonspots

Do I need to include a copy of my federal income tax return to my (residence Oregon state return) And/Or to my (nonresident Idaho State return)?

Do I need to include a copy of my federal income tax return to my (residence Oregon state return) And/Or to my (nonresident Idaho State return)?

Also

I am a resident of Oregon. I know that I need to include my W2 from my job in Oregon when sending in my Oregon return. But do I need to include my W2 from nonresident Idaho return. It was a work study job. I don't really need to file in Idaho since I only made 350.00. But I was filing Idaho anyway. Do I need to file the Idaho income in Oregon Or send them my Idaho W2 along with the Oregon W2? If I don't then the total federal wages will not match what I send Oregon Unless I include the Idaho W2??? Thanks. Hope this was not worded to confusingly.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

The instructions which each state needs are printed on the cover sheet near the address of where to mail it.

Oregon:

Include a copy of your federal return (front and back only) with your Oregon return. Do not include federal schedules.

Include readable copies of Form(s) W-2 and 1099 showing Oregon income and tax withheld.

Include all pages of your Oregon return—pages 1–3 for original returns, and pages 1–4 for amended returns.

Source:  Page 21 of this link, https://www.oregon.gov/DOR/forms/FormsPubs/publication-or-40-fy_101-043_2016.pdf

For ID: 

ID W-2 and non-resident tax return. Along with complete copy of Federal Return.

See page 4 of this link: https://tax.idaho.gov/forms/EIN00046_10-30-2015.pdf

pknrdg

I have filed amended 2020 fed tax and am currently amending my OR state tax also. Exactly what do I need to include with it besides my check for what I owe?  What copy(s) of my fed tax form do I need to include?  Thank you.

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

When you file an amended return, you need to include any new forms or schedules or any revised forms or schedules.  You do not need to include any forms or schedules (including W2) which were included in the original return and is not changing on the amended return.  But like all things tax:  if in doubt, send it in.  Better to send in what is not needed than to leave out what is needed.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

it is not an amended return, do I  need to send a copy of any federal income tax return papers with my VA state taxes? 

@judybrewster74 wrote:

it is not an amended return, do I  need to send a copy of any federal income tax return papers with my VA state taxes? 

If you are mailing the Virginia tax return you do Not include a copy of the federal tax return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies