Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Direct deposit limit

we did joint filing for yr 2019 and 2018 and requested all to be direct deposited.  We only recieved 2019 yr direct deposited but 2018 yr was a paper check.  Why is this?  now the problem is  we tried depositing into my bank account and was rejected because my bank account only have my name on it.  Now I'm screwed.  spouse doesn't have checking.  will this happen with our federal 2019 and 2018 too?  thanks

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Direct deposit limit

Are you married now?  Why don't you have a joint bank account?  Talk to the bank and see what needs to be done so you can deposit your refund check.  Maybe you should add your spouse to the account.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Hal_Al
Level 15

Direct deposit limit

When the bank rejects your deposit, the state usually sends you a check, automatically.

I suggest you lay last year's return next to this year's and do a line by line comparison to see what's changed. Otherwise you haven't provided enough info for anyone to answer your question about the change in tax. 

Direct deposit limit

because my bank got opened long before.  didn't put much thought into having spouse name into the bank account.

Direct deposit limit

the bank didn't "reject" they just called me to take it back.  i have the check now. 

Direct deposit limit

@txkpt Go to the bank with your check  and your spouse and add your spouse to your account.  A banker can take care of that within minutes and then you can deposit the check that has both names on it.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies