MG26

Did I file 2018 state tax though turbotax?

I can't find evidence of having filed my 2018 state return. Where can I see if I filed via turbotax? I go to documents and for that year's pdf file, it does have state form along with federal in the same document. It doesn't have a my electronic pin number signature and is not even correct in what I owe. It says I owe zero but not correct. I think I just was looking at the state filing functionality but I don't usually file it through turbotax. How can I tell if the state return was actually filed through turbotax?

JulieS

You will need to call and speak with a phone agent to verify if your 2018 state return was e-filed or not. 

Click here for contact information.

JotikaT2

Please see the following links to help you figure out if you filed with TurboTax last year or not.

Could you have logged in with a different account last year?  Please see the following link to help you determine if this may have been a possibility. 

Why didn't my information transfer over from last year 

If you are not sure of your information used last year, see the attached Help for instructions on how to recover your login. 

Account recovery for login from prior year 

MG26

I'm sure I don't have another login. I filed federal through turbo tax as I have for many years. I don't want to have to ask the state of Illinois if I filed last year. I should be able to see if a state was filed through my turbotax account. I just don't have my usual printouts or electronic copy of state return (much to my surprise when I looked for them). I usually file through state website.  However, there is a state return in the turbotax document which includes the federal document. I don't know if it were actually filed. It wasn't correct or complete as it says I owed zero. I don't want to file twice and need to know if it will be a late filing or an amendment.

JulieS

Click here for contact information.