Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Your taxes, your way. Get expert help or do it yourself. >> Get started
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

Certificate for income tax adjustment

I received the above from Dept of Defense. I was overpaid in a prior year and it was taken back from me in 2016.  States that I can claim as misc deduction under Rev Rule 79-311. Amount is $909.  How do i do that in turbotax?
1 Reply
New Member

Certificate for income tax adjustment

Click on the Federal Taxes tabs, Deductions and Credits right below.

Select to  Choose What I Work On if you see that

Otherwise, just scroll down all the way to the Other Deductions and Credits group near the bottom, and Update or Start the Other Deductible Expenses subtopic.

Say No to Generation Skipping Taxes, 

Say Yes on next screen titled Less Common Expenses.

Enter a Description (such as Overpayment under REV Rule 79-311)  and Amount

About Community

Learn about taxes, budgeting, saving, borrowing, reducing debt, investing, and planning for retirement.



Manage cookies