turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cannot e-file NYS - message- to efile you must select the federal form - but federal already e-filed

I had e-filed a federal return 2 weeks ago and it was accepted per turbotax.    I went to file the NY today and i get the message that  " to e-file, you must select the federal form" click back and select federal.   the problem is its already filed so what do i do now? 

thanks

scott

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

cannot e-file NYS - message- to efile you must select the federal form - but federal already e-filed

Are you using the CD/Download version installed on your computer of the online version?

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Thanks for replying, its the Downloaded version. 

I saw another similar complaint in this thread:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/state-taxes/discussion/re-turbotax-wants-an-outrageous-250-state-e...

I will alert the Moderator that you seem to have the same issue.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

yes that other post is exactly what i am seeing.  thanks. guess we wait for another turbo tax update 🙂 

qvalerio

I am having the same issue. I have deleted software and installed 3 times to no avail.

Add me to the list as well. I had filed my Federal on March 5th and it was accepted the same day.  I had to wait to file my NYS return as TT was updating forms. They sent the software update to the state software last night. When I go to E-file I get the same issue as in the screenshots.

I called support last night and they said this was the first report they had. I spent over an hour talking to them and they worked with higher-level IT, took screenshots of my issue. Said they would call me back today or email me back. All I have heard back so far are crickets. I see a lot of people posting in other support places.

I saw in another forum, someone posted this link to add your name to this issue for TT.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/why-am-i-not-able-to-e-file-my-state-return-after-...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies