Solved: Can Ohio tax income earned in another state after I was no longer an Ohio resident?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Ohio tax income earned in another state after I was no longer an Ohio resident?

I left retirement and moved to the State of Florida in mid-May for a job. The majority of my income was earned in Florida.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 15

Can Ohio tax income earned in another state after I was no longer an Ohio resident?

No. You will file a part year resident OH return and only pay tax on the income received while a resident.

Be advised that snow belt states look closely at residents who claimed to have "moved" to FL, a state without an income tax, while still maintaining ties (e.g. a residence) to the original state.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Level 15

No. You will file a part year resident OH return and only pay tax on the income received while a resident.

Be advised that snow belt states look closely at residents who claimed to have "moved" to FL, a state without an income tax, while still maintaining ties (e.g. a residence) to the original state.

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings