mariamsac

Can I take the Premium tax credit even if my 2016 household income was less than 100% of the federal poverty line?

In 2015, I enrolled in a federal marketplace health plan, didn't ask for the advanced premium tax credit, but took the PTC when I filed my tax return. In 2016, I also paid in full my premium fees up till June, but due to financial problems, I started receiving APTC from July until November, when I was able to qualify for Medicaid. 

My question: Can I take the Premium Tax Credit for the months of January thru June when I file my 2016 tax return, even if my household income was below 100% of the federal poverty line?

TaxGuyBill

Yes (assuming you otherwise qualify).

If you received Advance credit at some point during the year, going below 100% of the FPL will not disqualify you.

TaxGuyBill

Yes (assuming you otherwise qualify).