turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ND80

Can anyone help me with a "tax account number" for local income tax?

i'm very confused about local income tax.  i went to my city's website and downloaded a form in PDF format that makes calculations as information is entered.  at the beginning of the form there is a box asking for an "account number".  i have no idea what this account number is.  at first i tried entering the EIN from my W-2 form, but that wasn't right.  the tax account number is a 7-digit number in the format x-xxxxx-x, where an EIN is a 9-digit number.  nowhere on my W-2 is there any indication of a "tax account number" for the city. the option of e-filing is also out of the question because they still ask for this "tax account number" as well as a "personal filing code, PFC, mailed earlier this year" (which i also don't have).  am i supposed to leave the box blank?  could this number only apply to businesses?  i'm an individual filer.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ND80

i found out that first time filers in the city won't have an account number or filing code until they've first filed a paper return.  therefore the account number box can be left blank.

please disregard this question.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ND80

i found out that first time filers in the city won't have an account number or filing code until they've first filed a paper return.  therefore the account number box can be left blank.

please disregard this question.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies