Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

waldo00
Returning Member

california tax form errors: asking for additional values on Deductible Home Mortgage Interest Worksheet

I've used turbotax for years, but for the 2022 tax year, while running the error check on my CA taxes, an error popped up:

- asked to enter several missing values on my form - Deductible Home Mortgage Interest Worksheet ( though i completed all forms in the walk through)

- federal check went without any errors on the mortgage interest information

did i answer something incorrectly this year to be prompted for values that were not pulled from the federal information?  i've not been asked for these values in the past.

Missing values:

- principal paid on loan in 2022

- non-acquisition debt at origin

- others missing, but i went back to EasyStep to see if it would correct things

I'm afraid i'm not getting my full mortgage interest deduction due to this being incorrectly entered.   Any advice on how to reset this?  or is it correct due to new Fed Standard deductions or something?

thx

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
waldo00
Returning Member

california tax form errors: asking for additional values on Deductible Home Mortgage Interest Worksheet

I see in another thread, there are folks that reported a bug with:  

• Home Mortgage interest not transferred from worksheet to Sch A

I followed the tip by one expert to delete the 1098 and re-enter after making sure TT was fully updated.  Looked like that resolved things until i get to the loan details question.   No matter what i choose there, it seems to mess up the state calculations resulting in incorrect deduction amounts.

anybody have any tips for this?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies