Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

California e-file stuck in loop - We Need To Make One More check

Turbotax Business 2021, for my LLC. California state efile is not working. Everything looks fine after the review, but when I try to efile, it always returns to Check This Entry: Form 568 P1-4 Question G. Total assets at end of the year are zero, and I have a zero entered in my form when I look at forms, but in the "One more check" it always shows up blank, even if I change it to zero again, and then when trying to file it comes up again with We need to make one more check again, over and over and over.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

15 Replies
SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Try deleting the state return and updating the software. Then redo the state return.

Manually Update TurboTax for Windows Software (Basic, Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business)

Please see this Turbo Tax FAQ on how to delete your state return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

That's the default answer for everything. I had already tried that, and it did not fix the issue. In the program, it will even check the return, do the re-check and say everything is OK. The error only pops up when I try to transmit the returns. I have not changed anything after it telling me things were OK with the returns, and they had no errors.

So, nothing else to say? I need an actual answer, not just a "have you tried rebooting it?"

I have the exact same issue. I called the help line several weeks ago and was told there would be a california update 3/3/22. That is today and the issue remains. Please help us!

Thanks

lizongc

I have the same issue of looping in California state e-filing. It keeps asking "Enter total asset at end of the year".  been trying a few times on 3/3/22. 

lizongc

This looping issue does not happen if form 1065 schedule L requires entering balance sheet information.  

So my form 1065 schedule L does NOT require entering balance sheet information.  Does this mean I will forever be stuck in the loop? Or is there a way to fix this, do you know?

lizongc

Turbotax fixed this bug.   I was no longer stuck in this entering asset amount looping.

BIG update today to the CA state tax module fixed the issue.

cjzimm
Returning Member

I'm getting the same endless loop for my Virginia return.  I have checked for updates and I'm up to date.  

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

As of today 3/21/22 are you still experiencing this issue? @cjzimm.

On the 5th of March California did an update that fixed the problem. I was able to file on that date. Thank you for checking in!

I have had this same issue on my Intuit Turbotax Deluxe where I am stuck on this loop for "We need to Make One More Check" right before I am to e-file. It keeps saying that "But before you e-file, we need a little more information that we didn't need earlier."

It keeps taking me to my Form w-2 Additional Wage & Tax Information for employment regarding my "Part V - Clergy, Church Employees, Members of Recognized Religious Sects" section. I check the appropriate box for paying self-employment tax on both w-2 for income and housing allowance... but it keeps returning to the "We need to make one more check" even when I have clicked the correct box! 

Any recommendations? thank you!

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

It would be best to follow the instructions here to contact us by phone so we can take a look into the issue. @heliconkuan

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies