Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Marcie123

CALIF FORM 8453-OL

Turbo Tax indicated that after e-filing a California Individual Tax Return that Form 8453-OL must be signed and dated with 1 day of acceptance (I assume by CA FTB).  The CA ITR was accepted by California.  Now, what do I do to submit the California Form 8453-OL?  I do NOT see anywhere to "electronically sign and e-file the form in the TurboTax program. 

I just read in TurboTax (vague instructions)...

"Sign form FTB 8453-OL after you prepare the return, but before you transmit it. "  Which "it" are the instructions referring to?  "Form 8453-OL" or the "California Personal Income Tax Return" that was e-filed?
CALIFORNIA FORM 8453-OL indicates that there are "no taxes due"  and "no refund due".   DOES THE Form 8453-OL HAVE TO BE SUBMITTED?  If so, how?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

CALIF FORM 8453-OL

CA 8453-OL is a totally stupid form.   CA wants you to simply print, sign and KEEP the form in your records.   It is to tell YOU that you authorized yourself to e-file..   You do not do anything with the form.

It is really to authorize a paid tax preparer to e-file and has no meaning whatsoever for a self prepared tax return.    But the CA FTB, in all it's wisdom, has never seen fit to update it's regulations to recognize self-prepared tax returns - so the form lives on even in self-prepared tax software.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies