erikrkinney

As a congressional staffer, if i work for my home state member, should I say I live in my home state? Because my W2 has witheld state taxes for that state

PatriciaV

Yes, if your home state is your permanent, legal residence, you may file a resident state tax return for that State. Even if you will be away from that state for several years, it is considered your domicile if you plan to return to that state when your job is over.

PatriciaV

fedemployee1992

Is this only the case if you work for your home state member, or can you qualify if you work for a federal agency if you plan to return to your home state afterward?