turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

verosnchz

Do I have to provide spouses name and social security number if i am filing separately?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Melaine

Do I have to provide spouses name and social security number if i am filing separately?

Yes, however, if you are unable to get that information, please make sure to include their full name and an explanation with your return.  However, you will need to print the return and file by mail.  When mailing, include an explanation as to why you don't have it, (her information).  Use the following IRS link to see where to mail your return; Where to file paper tax return with or without payment.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Melaine

Yes, however, if you are unable to get that information, please make sure to include their full name and an explanation with your return.  However, you will need to print the return and file by mail.  When mailing, include an explanation as to why you don't have it, (her information).  Use the following IRS link to see where to mail your return; Where to file paper tax return with or without payment.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies