Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

a39c0e38

Will I need to report income for OnlyFans if a) I have not withdrawn any earnings b) if OnlyFans isn't even providing a 1099 for the calendar year of those earnings?

I have earnings in 2022 from OnlyFans, however, I have not cashed out those earnings. OnlyFans has informed me that, since the funds are still there and unrealized, they will not be providing a 1099. As they will not be reporting, is the unrealized income something that should be reported/taxed
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

Will I need to report income for OnlyFans if a) I have not withdrawn any earnings b) if OnlyFans isn't even providing a 1099 for the calendar year of those earnings?

Yes, you will need to report this money as income, even though you have not "cashed out" the money is in your account and available to you.  It is similar to having a bank account.  You have the money in the account, it is still your money.  You do not have to do anything to earn it. You do not need to do anything other than withdraw it to get access to it. 

Whether or not they give you a 1099, has no bearing on whether or not the income is taxable. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

You are required to report all your taxable income, even if you don't receive reporting paperwork.

Income is taxed when you receive it.  In this case, the doctrine of "constructive receipt" means you received the money when it was available for you to draw, even if you didn't actually draw it. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies