Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why doesn't Turbo Tax 1099-R form match my NC 1099-R box

Help!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

Form 1099-R is a standardized form, meaning they should all have the same boxes. What box entries don't match?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

You coudl be referring to a couple things

1) The actual box 16 value on your form 1099-R may be empty, but the software properly backfills that box with the value of box 2a for NC (or the taxable portion of box 1 if box 2a is empty or undetermined)

or  2) ............IF you are looking at a different follow-up page that asks you to verify that the entries in the boxes are correct.....  there is one page that some users are sometimes presented with, where  there is an error in the text on the "Follow-up verification" page.   boxes 14,15,16  may be mis-labelled as boxes 12,13,14......(it's been reported and may be fixed in the next couple weeks)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
DA111

after box 11, nothing on turbo tax matches the 1099-R

@DA111 wrote:

after box 11, nothing on turbo tax matches the 1099-R

1)  Is it  a 1099-R or a CSA-1099-R, CSB-1099-R, RRB-1099-R  which are different and must be selected as the 1099-R type at the start of the 1099-R interview.

2) Some payers have their own custom forms and leave off boxes that do not apply to them so ignore them and leave them blank.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Tell us about the benefits you received...

I choose Railroad Retirement Benefits (Form RRB-1099)

It says Box 5 shows net benefits paid but on RRB it is not Box 5.  

The only boxes checked on my RRB-1099s are Boxes 4,7,and 9 .

@charlotte54h 

You need to be careful here....the RRB-1099, and the RRB-1099-R  are different forms, and you are likely putting your form in the wrong form area.

...get out of that form, go back to the Federal entry table for that particular form and delete it....then get back to the main menu page.

An RRB-1099-R goes in with the other 1099-R forms, and you specifically select the RRB-1099-R once you get inside that section.

An RRB-1099 goes in with the entry of the Social Security SSA-1099, and you select the RRB-type when you start in on that section.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies