Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

eosborn

Why am I not able to file my taxes? Form 1099-NEC "A link to Schedule C or another form is something we need to get your info in the right place...

I upgraded to self-employed and still got the same error

Why am I not able to file my taxes? Form 1099-NEC "A link to Schedule C or another form is something we need to get your info in the right place...

Even if you do not have any expenses your 1099 has to be attached to a schedule C. Even if you just put in cell phone amount for the year. There has to be some kind of expense. Mileage anything?

HERE IS YOUR SOLUTION!!!!!!

1. Search for Form 1099-NEC with the magnifying glass tool at the top of the page.
  2. Click "Jump to form 1099-nec"

That will open up a window with your 1099-NEC Summary and you'll see the ones that says "MISSING INFO" you can delete those and create new ones!

@rl0126Thank you! This worked. this page listed all of the previous forms I had filled out and deleted trying to do it incorrectly before. There were SEVEN incorrect forms that were not deleted, even though I had clicked delete from the main screen. This resolved the issue. Thank you! @AnnetteB6 Please include the previous comment to help other users when you give suggestions in the future.

ctofer93
Returning Member

Yeah this issue is not being resolved is there any real people that can help me. Search doesn't work none of your "solutions" work!

Use the Chrome browser and clea browser data for all time.

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More More.
  3. Click More tools and then Clear browsing data.
  4. Choose a time range All time.
  5. Select the types of information you want to remove.
  6. Click Clear data.

Then sign on to TurboTax in the Chrome browser:

• Federal
  • Wages and Income
  • Income from Form 10999-NEC
  • Add or edit you 1099-NEC and for the question:  Self-emplyed 1099-NEC Income, select the business or add a new business if needed.
AdamL1

Why is your customer care service lying to customers about this problem being fixed? I was told my ticket was escalated and this problem would be over within 48 hours and I would receive an email. Not only is my ticket marked closed, not only did I never get this email, but I still can't file my taxes. This needs to be fixed, and you need to stop lying to customers. This isn't a mix up of some food order.

AdamL1

This doesn't work, please fix the one thing you do

PKLYONS

I am using Turbotax download, and your reply does not seem to make sense.  If I use the search option, I get to a list of 1099NEC problems, and there is no place I can find that will allow me to "jump to" anything, also I can find no "Find" after I type in 1099NEC.  When I was working on Schedule C, it asked if I received a 1099MISC, which I did not, so I said no.  I am still in this loop.  Please help!!!!

bobday

I've done all this, but it still does not let me finish my return! This is so unlike TurboTax to have an issue like this. How can I fix this!

AmyC
Expert Alumni

1. Search for Form 1099-NEC with the magnifying glass tool at the top of the page.
  2. Click "Jump to form 1099-nec"
  3. Delete it
  4. Go to federal income or business tab
  5. Select your business and edit/update
  6. See your business listed, edit. If you don't see your business, you need to add it, if you are indeed a contractor or business.
  7. If your business has already been added. you will see the summary page with business profile, income, inventory, expenses, etc 
  8. Select income
  9. Select NEC option
  10. Enter the form

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
iconicmam
Returning Member

worked like a charm, I called TT yesterday about the issue and I am still waiting for them to call me back. I can finally transmit my taxes.

The link goes no where. Is this issue fixed yet?

TeresaM
Expert Alumni

Thank you for sharing this information. Our team is working to resolve a situation where the data entered for Form 1099-NEC shows 0 in the NEC section and moves to the self-employment section. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and are working to correct this.

Please see this TurboTax Help article which has a link to sign up for updates.  Notifications 1099-NEC shows 0

If this link does not work properly, please try clearing your cache and cookies or using another browser. Please see this Help article for directions to clear your cache and cookies. Clearing cache and cookies in your browser

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This still didnt work for me

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies