turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why am I getting this message? Since you deferred some of your Social Security taxes last year you will get Form W-2c. I did not defer any taxes last year.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

Why am I getting this message? Since you deferred some of your Social Security taxes last year you will get Form W-2c. I did not defer any taxes last year.

If you got the message  "Heads up! You have a W-2C coming" .  This was fixed in the newest release on 2/19/2020.

Only the customers who now legitimately will receive a W-2C will still get the pop up.

A W-2c form is used by the United States Internal Revenue Service for tax filing and reporting services. This form is known as a Corrected Wage and Tax Statement form.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Is that true for the Mac version, too? I just got the message after updating and did not defer Social Security taxes. 

SamS1
Expert Alumni

Review you W-2 input screens.  Make sure the Social Security taxes in box 4 are 6.2% of Social Security wages in box 3.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies