Why am I getting this message? Since you deferred ...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
navymom290

Why am I getting this message? Since you deferred some of your Social Security taxes last year you will get Form W-2c. I did not defer any taxes last year.

3 Replies
JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

Why am I getting this message? Since you deferred some of your Social Security taxes last year you will get Form W-2c. I did not defer any taxes last year.

If you got the message  "Heads up! You have a W-2C coming" .  This was fixed in the newest release on 2/19/2020.

Only the customers who now legitimately will receive a W-2C will still get the pop up.

A W-2c form is used by the United States Internal Revenue Service for tax filing and reporting services. This form is known as a Corrected Wage and Tax Statement form.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
yetisbrother
Level 2

Is that true for the Mac version, too? I just got the message after updating and did not defer Social Security taxes. 

SamS1
Expert Alumni

Review you W-2 input screens.  Make sure the Social Security taxes in box 4 are 6.2% of Social Security wages in box 3.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings