Where does TurboTax capture retirement withdrawals...

nrfletcher

Where does TurboTax capture retirement withdrawals covered under the CARES ACT? I can't find it anywhere? Where is the Fed Form 8915E that covers it?

dmertz

Not yet implemented in 2020 TurboTax.  Don't expect it anytime soon since the IRS has not yet released the final version of Form 8915-E.

cfweidenbach

So how am I supposed to file form 8915E if TurboTax does not have it?  Took a distribution and have a 1099-R and flagging as taxable.  Do I need to go to an in-person tax service?

dmertz

Nobody has the form because the IRS has not yet released it.

cfweidenbach

Thanks for replying and not critical yet but will be as filing date nears.  Puts me in an unfavorable tax position until resolved.