turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where does TurboTax capture retirement withdrawals covered under the CARES ACT? I can't find it anywhere? Where is the Fed Form 8915E that covers it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
dmertz
Level 15

Where does TurboTax capture retirement withdrawals covered under the CARES ACT? I can't find it anywhere? Where is the Fed Form 8915E that covers it?

Not yet implemented in 2020 TurboTax.  Don't expect it anytime soon since the IRS has not yet released the final version of Form 8915-E.

cfweidenbach
Returning Member

So how am I supposed to file form 8915E if TurboTax does not have it?  Took a distribution and have a 1099-R and flagging as taxable.  Do I need to go to an in-person tax service?

dmertz
Level 15

Nobody has the form because the IRS has not yet released it.

cfweidenbach
Returning Member

Thanks for replying and not critical yet but will be as filing date nears.  Puts me in an unfavorable tax position until resolved.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies