Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where do Part D premiums show in Box 3 of the SSA-1099? I see Part B but not Part D, just some labeled "Nontaxable payments"

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DianeW
Expert Alumni

Where do Part D premiums show in Box 3 of the SSA-1099? I see Part B but not Part D, just some labeled "Nontaxable payments"

This information explains who receives Part D, you may not receive these benefits because the enrollment is voluntary.

Anyone entitled to Medicare Part A (whether actually enrolled or not) or who is currently enrolled in Medicare Part B may join Medicare Part D to get help paying prescription drug costs. Enrollment is voluntary except for people who also receive benefits from Medicaid (Medi-Cal in California). 

If you qualify for Medicaid, the government automatically enrolls you in a Medicare Part D plan through which you will receive your prescription drug coverage. For more information about Medicare Part D use the link here.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DianeW
Expert Alumni

This information explains who receives Part D, you may not receive these benefits because the enrollment is voluntary.

Anyone entitled to Medicare Part A (whether actually enrolled or not) or who is currently enrolled in Medicare Part B may join Medicare Part D to get help paying prescription drug costs. Enrollment is voluntary except for people who also receive benefits from Medicaid (Medi-Cal in California). 

If you qualify for Medicaid, the government automatically enrolls you in a Medicare Part D plan through which you will receive your prescription drug coverage. For more information about Medicare Part D use the link here.

Also, your part D payments won't show on your SSA-1099 if you are paying some provider separately.  Only part D payments deducted from your SSA deposit would show up on the SSA-1099 itself.
____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
DianeW
Expert Alumni

@SteamTrain Thank you for the additional information.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies