Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

Where do I report my GE pension?

2 Replies
Level 15

Where do I report my GE pension?

To enter your retirement income, Go to  Federal> Wages and Income>Retirement Plans and Social Security>IRA  401 k) Pension Plan Withdrawals to enter your 1099R.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Expert Alumni

Where do I report my GE pension?

You should have received a form 1099-R reporting the amount of your GE pension received.


To enter the 1099-R please follow these steps:

  1. Click on Federal > Wages & Income.
  2. Scroll down to the Retirement Plans and Social Security section and click on the Start/Revisit box next to IRA, 4701(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R). 
  3. If you've already entered one (or more) 1099-Rs, you will see a screen Your1099-R Entries.  
  4. Now you can click on the link Add Another 1099-R
  5. If you haven't already entered a 1099-R, you will see the screen, Your1099-R. Click Yes and then Continue.
  6. Click the I'll type it in myself box 
  7. On the screen, Tell Us Which 1099-R You Have.  Make sure you select the correct form and then click Continue.

When you are finished entering the 1099-R information, you will be brought back to the Your 1099-R Entries screen.  Click Continue if you have no more 1099-Rs to enter


Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings