Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

asmo9298

What amount of the US savings bond interest should I enter? is the form 8815 amount or as reported on 1099?

I have entered the entered the interest on US savings bond on schedule B as reported on the 1099. Form 8815 worksheet calculates a different amount and so it gives me an error when I review the tax return. How do I correct this error and what amount should I enteron Schedule B?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
MichaelDC

What amount of the US savings bond interest should I enter? is the form 8815 amount or as reported on 1099?

Enter your 1099-INT for your U.S. Savings Bonds, paying particular attention to #10. TurboTax will exclude the qualified amount of interest and make the entry on the 8815 and Schedule B. Sometimes, it's easier to delete the 1099 and start over than it is to otherwise diagnose a problem. 

It's best to do it from the Summary screen. Simply search for 1099-INT and then select the "Jump to" link in the search results to get to the Summary screen. Click on the trash can next to the corresponding 1099.

If you have any other details regarding this question, please feel free to post them in the comment section. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5193945

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies