Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I never received a check from fidelity investments but they sent me a 1099-R. One of the questions is asking me what did I do with the money but I never got it

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

I never received a check from fidelity investments but they sent me a 1099-R. One of the questions is asking me what did I do with the money but I never got it

Were you suppose to get a check?  Or was it a transfer to another account?  Or you had a loan you didn’t pay back?  What code is in box 7?  Usually if you didn’t do the first choice like put it in a Roth you pick the other choice.  It only wants to know if you moved it to a Roth account.

Why did you get the 1099R?

I didn’t do anything with it I never got a notice about it when I left my last job

In box 7 it says 1. Meaning early distribution, no known exception (in most cases, under age 59 1/2)
LisaBr

You need to contact Fidelity and find out what happened to the money.  The 1099-R may need to be corrected.

[From the Fidelity Website:  Regarding Contacting Fidelity Customer Service Representatives]

Fidelity Representatives are standing by to help, any time of the day or night.

For general and account-specific questions 800-972-2155
Current customers: you'll be asked to enter your username and password using the keypad on your phone. You can save time by translating letters into numbers now. For example, if your username is FredB27, you would enter 3733227. For special characters, use an asterisk.
Employer-sponsored benefit plans  800-835-5097

If you did a rollover, that is doing something. the turbotax phrase is "moved it to another account
 (or the same account)"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies