Form 1099-G, Certain Government Payments is provided to a taxpayer that received certain kinds of payments from federal, state, or local governments. These payments are entered on the individual's tax return and may be considered taxable income. The following items are reported on Form 1099-G.
Taxable grants (Box 6). Grants of $600 or more are reported in this box.
You would enter the Taxable Grant information reported on the 1099-G, in TurboTax, by doing the following:
- Log in to your TurboTax Online account, or open your TurboTax CD/Download program
- Click to Continue your return/Take me to my return
- Click on Personal Income
- Click on Other Common Income
- Locate Other 1099-G Income
- Continue to Taxable Grant
TurboTax will guide you through this.