turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo Tax only lists Box 1 and Box 4 for 1099-G, but I received a business relief grant and the amount is listed in Box 6. How do I claim this on my Fed taxes?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
RayW7
Expert Alumni

Turbo Tax only lists Box 1 and Box 4 for 1099-G, but I received a business relief grant and the amount is listed in Box 6. How do I claim this on my Fed taxes?

Form 1099-G, Certain Government Payments is provided to a taxpayer that received certain kinds of payments from federal, state, or local governments. These payments are entered on the individual's tax return and may be considered taxable income. The following items are reported on Form 1099-G.

Taxable grants (Box 6). Grants of $600 or more are reported in this box.

You would enter the Taxable Grant information reported on the 1099-G, in TurboTax, by doing the following:

• Log in to your TurboTax Online account, or open your TurboTax CD/Download program
  • Click to Continue your return/Take me to my return
  • Click on Personal Income
  • Click on Other Common Income
  • Locate Other 1099-G Income
  • Continue to Taxable Grant

TurboTax will guide you through this.

vy450

How do I enter 1099G business relief grant income into Partnership 1065

JeffreyR77
Expert Alumni

In TurboTax Business, you can go to Federal Taxes, Other Income, Other Taxable Income, and enter your 1099-G business relief grant income.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies