johndcrumpton

TT created '19 1040ES forms for me. Do I have to use those values? I am reasonably certain that our income will be less, by 33%, for '19?

The es forms created for us have payment amounts based on our '18 filing... but we know that we will be earning less for '19, but about 1/3... Can I pay estimates based on expectations rather than last years filling?

Ashby

Yes, you absolutely can. The 1040ES vouchers are auto-generated by the program based on your latest tax filing. So, you need to use your own discretion. If you know income will be lower, then pay a lower amount. You can even use the same vouchers and write in the actual amount.

The generated forms are in no way required filings to the IRS.

Ashby