quayle319

Trying to include my Military Retirement Pay from my 1099-R for income, Keeps giving me IRAs payouts and such... how do I include my military retirement pay???

DMarkM1

Yes, you need to enter all forms 1099-R just as they read on your copies.  Any amounts that may be excluded by states will be excluded in the state interviews based on those entries.  

jameskelly2

Why is my  Military Retirement Kentucky so difficult to compile and where do I enter it on Kentucky file. I have filed  my Military Retirement to Kentucky for 6 years and never had any difficulty.

BillM223

@quayle319

Your military retirement should be taxed as a pension/annuity, and not as an IRA. When you enter your 1099-R, please make sure that the IRA/SEP/Simple box right after box 7 is NOT checked.

BillM223

@jameskelly2

As noted above, you do a Search (upper right) for 1099-r and click on the jump-to link to enter your 1099-R. 

If you had already said that you lived in Kentucky in the My Info or Personal Info section, then TurboTax in the screens after entering the 1099-R may ask you the source of the 1099-R, which would give you the chance to indicate that it is military retirement.

Otherwise, when you enter the Kentucky interview, TurboTax will ask you the source of the pension/annuity distribution there.