turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When I enter 1099R data from IRA it asks me if any was for a Qualified Disaster. I mark NO. Then on next screen it asks me what type of disaster I had. This is a glitch?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

When I enter 1099R data from IRA it asks me if any was for a Qualified Disaster. I mark NO. Then on next screen it asks me what type of disaster I had. This is a glitch?

This is a known issue.  TurboTax is working on it.
Rachel_W
Expert Alumni

TurboTax is aware of this issue and is currently working on a solution.

As a workaround, you can answer "no" to the question "Was this a Qualified Disaster Distribution?"  and when asked "What type of disaster affected you in 2017?" leave the selection blank and hit continue.  This will not affect any calculations and you will be able to E-file. 

Please check out the TurboTax FAQ below for more details and to sign up if you would like to receive updates on this issue:  

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/7253580

rahouser

It's a program glitch.  You can just skip through that page without answering.  It will then ask you for a dollar amount that you are claiming as disaster relief.  Enter $0.  That will get you through the entry without claiming any disaster relief.  This section really irritated me at first, because I had multiple entries that needed to go through that process. When you first said that it was not disaster relief, it should have skipped over the rest instead of dragging you through it.  As long as you checked the "no" box on the first page, you should be fine to just skip through the next pages without entering anything except the $0 dollar amount.  The program eventually figures itself out.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies