ROSABUD42

The tax return is asking for an amount from my 1099R line 3. My 1099R does not have an amount in that box should I enter 0?

AmandaR1

Based on common situations, the software may ask you to check your entries. Typically if you don't have anything in the box in question, you can just continue through the screen, telling the software you did enter your form correctly. It's usually best not to use zeros, but if it won't let you proceed and you don't have an amount in that box on your form, then try entering a zero.

If you're aren't getting the results you expected when entering your 1099, I would recommend deleting it and re-entering it because this can be a better approach than trying to go back and change your answers.

Let me know if you have questions on this.

AmandaR1

ROSABUD42

thank you
AmandaR1

I'm glad it helped.