Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cynran23

Where should I enter 1099 omb 1545-0112

I am finding different answers on where and how to enter Interest Income for a Form 1099 OMB No 1545-0112. Can I get the correct answer from TurboTax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Phillip1

The OMB 1545-0112 is not the important information on that form. The important information is usually the letters that follow the 1099. In this case, it sounds like you have a 1099-INT. If this is the case, enter the information using the following steps:

1. Go to the Federal category 
  2. Click on the Wages and Income TAB.
  3. Find the section labeled Interest and Dividends.
  4. Click start on the line labeled Interest on 1099-INT

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Phillip1

The OMB 1545-0112 is not the important information on that form. The important information is usually the letters that follow the 1099. In this case, it sounds like you have a 1099-INT. If this is the case, enter the information using the following steps:

1. Go to the Federal category 
  2. Click on the Wages and Income TAB.
  3. Find the section labeled Interest and Dividends.
  4. Click start on the line labeled Interest on 1099-INT
K B1
Returning Member

1099-INT--If you only have line 1 interest, you can use step-by-step.  If more lines of entry, go to FORMS (upper rt corner selection) and enter that way. 

Like the original poster, I got the same form #.   Oddly it says Interest Income in print, but NEVER uses the 1099-INT naming convention.  It is interest from my state, PA,  based on a prior tax year (amended return), but paid in 2020.  There is info in box 2 that says "For tax year".  Turbo prompts "My form has more info than just Box 1", however  BOX 2 on this OMB (For Tax Year:) does NOT match Box 2 of the 1099-INT (Early withdrawal penalty)... 

I'm assuming I should skip box 2 entry and enter the interest income only.  Sound right?  

gloriah5200
Expert Alumni

Yes, if your 1099-int does not contain an early withdrawal penalty amount in box 2 then you can skip it since it shows other information that will not change the dollar amount on your return.

Enter the interest income in box 1 in the return reported under the correct ein.

Thanks... but again, it is not labeled anywhere as 1099-INT, it just has the words 'interest income'.  After Box 1, it only has Box 2 "For Tax Year" and Box 3 "Federal Income Tax Withheld"  There are NO boxes 4-17 as on the standard 1099-INT...  guess that is why it isn't formally labeled 1099-INT.  

Since the Feds got a copy of it, I won't fret how to report my Box 2 'For Tax Year' ...wouldn't have changed my refund in either year.  Thanks again

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies