bruning-brett

The interview is asking me who an IRA was inherited from, but the 1099-R is from my own 410(k) rollover/distribution. Dollar value in box 5, but I can't proceed ?

DanaB27

Please double check your entry in box 7 when you entered your 1099-R:

1. Click on the Search box on the top and type “1099-R”
  2. Click on “Jump to 1099-R” and click "edit"

What code is in box 7?

dmertz

If TurboTax is asking anything about IRAs, it means that you have marked the IRA/SEP/SIMPLE box on TurboTax's 1099-R form.  If the IRA/SEP/SIMPLE box is not marked on the Form 1099-R provided by the payer, you must correct your entry in TurboTax.

If the IRA/SEP/SIMPLE box is marked on the form provided by the payer, box 5 cannot have a value in it.