Solved: Thank you.

Lived and worked in one state for 12 months; wife (retired) moved to another state for one month, received a pension and SS payment in Dec. Do I file in both states?

sold and purchased home

Yes, if she moved to a state that taxes pensions and SS you will need to file a return in both states.  However, there are several states that do not tax either.  If she is in one of those states, you will not need to file. 

which states?

Wisconsin and Michigan

Wisconsin may tax the pension but not SS.  Michigan may exempt them both depending on her situation. <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.michigan.gov/taxes/0,4676,7-238--459647--,00.html">http://www.michigan.gov/taxes/0,4676,7...>

Thank you.