turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bulldog
Returning Member

My 16 year old daughter gets $4,308. from social security (survivors benefits) and pension from her deceased dad 1099r $5,979.63. do I need to report this?

she is still in high school has no other income

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My 16 year old daughter gets $4,308. from social security (survivors benefits) and pension from her deceased dad 1099r $5,979.63. do I need to report this?

As long as the payments are made under her social security number, no.  If they are paid to you as her guardian, they are considered income to you, and reportable.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

As long as the payments are made under her social security number, no.  If they are paid to you as her guardian, they are considered income to you, and reportable.

bulldog
Returning Member

thank you

No. Unless they take out any withholding on them.  Then she can file to get it back.

bulldog
Returning Member

thank you
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies