turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am trying to follow the trail for my taxes dues as line 10 for taxable incomes shows a decent amount yet line 11 shows $0. I have taxable income but owe $0?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DanaB
Expert Alumni

I am trying to follow the trail for my taxes dues as line 10 for taxable incomes shows a decent amount yet line 11 shows $0. I have taxable income but owe $0?

If you had Qualified Dividends and/or Capital Gains on your return they are taxed at 0%, 15%, or 20% tax rate depending on your income. The Qualified Dividends and Capital Gains are include in the taxable income on line 10 but the Qualified Dividends and Capital Gain Tax Worksheet is used to calculate the tax.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DanaB
Expert Alumni

If you had Qualified Dividends and/or Capital Gains on your return they are taxed at 0%, 15%, or 20% tax rate depending on your income. The Qualified Dividends and Capital Gains are include in the taxable income on line 10 but the Qualified Dividends and Capital Gain Tax Worksheet is used to calculate the tax.

Thank you. It took me awhile but had found the worksheet that walks you through it. The form just seems odd when it shows taxable income as half decent amount and tax owed $0. The walk through is more complex than the past. Thanks again
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies