turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I pulled out my 401k a couple of months ago, and I do not remember them sending me a 1099-r form, and I can't seem to find a way to access it online. What should I do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I pulled out my 401k a couple of months ago, and I do not remember them sending me a 1099-r form, and I can't seem to find a way to access it online. What should I do?

It's highly likely that they just haven't sent you the form yet.  It's still very early in the tax season and the deadline to send these forms to taxpayers isn't until Jan 31st.  (Its also probably why you can't find it online yet - because it hasn't been generated for distribution yet).  Your best bet is to just wait.  If you don't receive it by early February, then call your 401k servicer (the company you got the distribution from).

View solution in original post

4 Replies

It's highly likely that they just haven't sent you the form yet.  It's still very early in the tax season and the deadline to send these forms to taxpayers isn't until Jan 31st.  (Its also probably why you can't find it online yet - because it hasn't been generated for distribution yet).  Your best bet is to just wait.  If you don't receive it by early February, then call your 401k servicer (the company you got the distribution from).

fidelity and TD ameritrade put their forms online yesterday. Others could take longer.
Vanguard is slow.

Thank you both! This was very helpful!

I got my Vanguard 1099R yesterday 1/18 in the mail.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies