turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Company took only S400 in federal tax out but took social security over $1000 taxes out

Company appears to have taken no federal income tax out for my paychecks

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

Company took only S400 in federal tax out but took social security over $1000 taxes out

How many allowances did you claim on the W-4 you submitted to your employer?

Talk you your employer. Only they can tell you what they did.

Indeed. I'm believing it may have something to do with the 401k plan I signed up for however I've since left the company

Thata would make sense. But you can still call them

The withholding and SS tax is listed right there on your W-2.

Clarify.. I see my 401k withhokding

Not good with taxes
Anonymous
Not applicable

$1000 in social security taxes would mean about $16,000 in wages.  with a $12000 standard deduction federal taxes would be about $400. 

Manage cookies