turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

One of my 1099r forms doesn't have a State/Payer state # on line 13 to report and Turbo Tax won't let me efile my returns?

There is no state payer tax # on my 1099-R form for selco community credit union and turbotax will not let transmit tax returns.  How can I fix this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
IreneS
Intuit Alumni

One of my 1099r forms doesn't have a State/Payer state # on line 13 to report and Turbo Tax won't let me efile my returns?

Some states don't issue separate payer ID's.  Two suggestions:
  1. Contact SELCO Community Credit Union to see if they have a separate tax ID number.  According to their website: "You can live chat with a Member Service Representative or call us at 800-445-4483. We'll be happy to help."
  2. If SELCO does not have a separate state tax ID number, enter their federal EIN on line 13.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

4 Replies
IreneS
Intuit Alumni

Some states don't issue separate payer ID's.  Two suggestions:
  1. Contact SELCO Community Credit Union to see if they have a separate tax ID number.  According to their website: "You can live chat with a Member Service Representative or call us at 800-445-4483. We'll be happy to help."
  2. If SELCO does not have a separate state tax ID number, enter their federal EIN on line 13.

I live in a state that doesn't tax pensions and social security. When filling out the federal forms for my pensions (1099-R) in turbo tax it has me paying state taxes. Why?

For one thing the above answer is not correct.  A Federal EIN can never be used as a state ID.  

The box 13 state ID is only necessary if there was state tax withheld in box 12.   If box 12 is blank or zero then all boxes 12-14 must be blank.     If there IS a dollar amount in box 12 then  contact the issuer of the 1099-R for a corrected form that has the required box 13 information.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
AnnetteB6
Employee Tax Expert

If you are seeing a change in your state tax return after entering information from your Form 1099-R, be sure to answer all follow-up questions after you have entered the Form 1099-R.  Sometimes there are state-related questions there that must be completed in order to get the proper tax treatment on your state return.

Also, pay close attention as you go through your state return.  Certain states have specific sections that must be completed during the state tax interview questions in order to determine whether retirement income is taxed or not.  This can generally be found in the section of the state returns titled 'Here is some income that State XX Taxes Differently'.  

If you still believe that your state return is taxing your 1099-R income incorrectly, please add more details such as what state you are filing and what type of retirement income you have entered.  

@russell

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies