pnjwong2

On my Form 1099R, there are 6 funds under box 1. On two of the funds, they are checked under 2(b) Total distribution. How should I enter this info on my tax return?

macuser_22

Some financial institutions assign an account number to each security held and issue 1099-R's for each account.   Most financial institutions issue a single 1099-R regardless of how many securities there are.

You as long as the other boxes are the same, it is okay to total box 1 and 2a.   Don't worry about 2b since that just says that account was closed.

macuser_22