Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Solo 401K Contribution

I am filing the first time as a self-employed and need to know which edition of Turbotax supports solo 401k contribution filing.  I have read some posts about not seeing tax owed change after they entered 401K amount.  If this is related specific edition, I want to know which edition I need to purchase.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
AliciaP1
Expert Alumni

Solo 401K Contribution

To file the information for your solo 401k you can use either TurboTax Online Self-Employed or TurboTax Desktop Home & Business.  The solo 401k information goes along with your business income and expenses.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Solo 401K Contribution

Thank you Alicia. Do you know if the software check or recommend  the maximum you can allocate base on income?

RaifH
Expert Alumni

Solo 401K Contribution

Yes, both the TurboTax Online Self-Employed and TurboTax Desktop Home & Business feature a button that will allow you to maximize your contribution as long as you make the contribution by April 18, 2022. 

Please note that the maximum contribution does not necessarily mean the entire amount of the contribution is deductible, which may be the issue in the other threads you are encountering. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies