turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

SEP IRA Payments until October 15 - Extension

Hi there -

I filled out the form 4868 and paid all taxes before July 15, and filed electronically. 

Now I'm going back to finish up and fund my SEP IRA (I'm self-employed, and can fund about $30K this year.) 

Several problems: First, my previous SEP IRA contributions aren't showing. 

Second, it doesn't seem like turbotax is recognizing that I can make additional SEP IRA contributions up until October 15, 2020. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

To enter your self-employed retirement contributions in TurboTax, log into your tax return  (for TurboTax Online sign-in, click Here) and type "self-employed retirement" in the search bar then select "jump to self-employed retirement". TurboTax will guide you on entering this information. 

Enter self-employed retirement in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen.  Click on Jump to self-employed retirement … TurboTax will guide you on entering this information. 

Switch to the FORMS mode to see the actual forms ...that should be on sch 1 line 16.

Thank you for your answer.  My problem was that I had entered it, but it wasn't showing when I opened my draft taxes form, after about a 2-month hiatus. After a while, it seemed to show up.  Weird.  

It's just discomfiting that I don't clearly see that my e-file of my extension was "filed" - the extension form is filled out, though. 

Thank you - yeah, it showed up and I saw it there. Thanks for your response!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies