turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Excess 401K contribution, withdrawn, W2 correction? need Taxreturns help

I can't actually transmit since it is a test return.  Prior to the update I could not get that far without the error.
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
becky69
Returning Member

I can get to the "Transmit now" but it still fails and brings be back to W2 summary
viveks45

ridiculous...i got transferred to a supervisor who was trying to send me over to a CPA on how to handle it or saying that I need to paper file. Rubbish software and rubbish support team
viveks45

they are now going to process my refund. Never again will I use or recommend Turbo Tax to anyone. Better off with TaxAct or some other software
rohit1st

Viveks45 - I agree. It's ridiculous. So does that mean they are not rolling out a fix at all?
viveks45

@rohit1st  - No idea. The product support people do not seem to have any clue. In fact, every time you get forwarded from one support person to another, you have to repeat all the steps show the problem again. The last person - some supervisor - simply said "I am not qualified to tell you whether the calculation is right or not or if you can change it. So let me send you to a CPA". That is when I lost it. My suggestion - do not wait for them to issue a fix. Just ask for a full refund and then paper file. Its only 10 days to the filing deadline.
pish180

I spoke with a CPA from Turbo Tax and they said it's an IRS issue that you can't efile, you must mail.  Not sure how legit this was but looks like I'll be mailing.
viveks45

@pish180 - that's a complete BS answer.
- If this was an IRS issue, why did they say they would release a fix today? They should have said this on day 1
- This issue is not a 2018 issue. It seems multiple people have had this similar issue in the past as well.
- The IRS provides guidance on how to handle this issue. But nowhere do they say that e-filing is not allowed in this case
- On a quick check with other competitor sites, no one seems to be saying the same as what TT guys are saying.

All in all, I have zero confidence and belief in what TT support or CPAs say.
I asked them process my e-filing fee refund today and mailed my paper returns to the IRS and state agency today.
cmulroy

I just called support and they told me they are still working on this issue- check back tomorrow or Monday for another update.  I am really hopeful because I do not want to print & snail mail this...
viveks45

Just goes to prove my point that you get different answers depending on who you speak to. You trust them at your own peril...

Sounds like we will all have to print and mail. Turbotax officially sucks

I would recommend everyone file a support ticket to escalate this issue.
SB66

Also, looks like Box 7 codes in 1099-R seem like they are still from 2017 TY and not updated to reflect 2018 TY and are NOT in sync with TurboTax's "Steps to Take to Remove an excess Salary Deferral"
mrm312

Glad I stumbled on this post struggling with the same issue here. Will not let me efile after taking my $24.99 as of Sunday, April 7. Hope it gets fixed, pain to have to print and mail. Silly question for those that mailed in. Did you print out all docs (schedules worksheets, etc...) or just the 1040 form? I've always efiled so not sure what to submit via mail. Thanks
paghosh

Instructions are on the 1st and 2nd page of federal and state. These are page with turbotax logo
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies